Saturday, February 6, 2010

My endorsements...already!

It might be early, but I am endorsing not one, but two candidates for governor (as illogical as it seems!)

As a registered Democrat, I will vote for Grace Ross in the Democratic primary for governor this year.  She might not win, but a primary vote is the biggest chance a single voter has to register their choice in mainstream, two party politics.

And assuming Grace Ross doesn't topple Deval Patrick, I will be voting for Jill Stein (Green Party) in the main race.  If Deval loses or drops out, stay tuned for my choice between Jill Stein and Grace Ross.  Either way, Massachusetts can't lose.  The last time Dr. Stein ran, I faced the usual barrage of 'You're throwing your vote away' catcalls from Democrats or Republicans.  I told them to watch the debates and see an intelligent, thoughtful and insightful candidate truly debate the issues.  Everyone I knew, both sides of the spectrum were impressed with Dr. Stein's performance.  (Facing the likes of Mitt Romney, Shannon O'Brien, Barbara Johnson and Carla Powell just made it seem easy!)

No comments: