Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Buyer's remorse already????

I just caught this gem from Saturday's Letters to the Editor:

 
I am 88 years old, and very disappointed. How come Sen. Scott Brown and President Obama were never mentioned as being 10th cousins? Mr. Brown, you just paired up with a man who took our Social Security percentage, and also our $250 check away from retirees. Mr. Brown used to call my house asking if I would vote for him. My son and I waited in the rain in line to vote for him. He rallied in Worcester, and he pulled in a big vote in Webster. How quickly he forgets where a place is. There’s one thing that my son and I should have done, and that was to vote for Attorney General Martha Coakley. But one thing is for sure, this will end my voting career. I don’t like open doors. I hope that Mr. Brown doesn’t come up with something else that will hurt us senior citizens. My son and I are independent voters. We voted for Mr. Brown because we thought that he would have some of U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy’s ideas. 

FRANCIS E. COLEMAN Sr. 

Webster
 -----
I'm amazed.  I don't even know how to respond to this claim.  If anyone knows Mr. Coleman, send him my way.  I have a few questions for him. 

Every time I read the Letters to the Editor, I come away with three theories:

1.  Not enough people submit letters on a given day, so an intern is given the task of writing loony letters to fill space.

2.  There's someone out there with a great sense of humor and a random name generator who writes in letters and shares the inside joke with a few friends.

3.  The Opinion Editor has a great sense of humor and includes the oddball letters for our general amusement (and as a warning).

My brain refuses comprehend that there are this many oddballs in Central Massachusetts with enough time on their hands to write a letter, find a stamp, and mail it in.  I think Mr. Coleman, if real, is the relative no one invites over for Thanksgiving because they'd get diatribes like this when they ask him to pass the cranberry sauce.

No comments: