Friday, March 12, 2010

Redundancy.

Yesterday I picked up the paper for the first time since I returned from vacation.  There was a Letter to the Editor that gave me the oddest feeling of déjà vu.

Is it a slow week for Letter to the Editor?  Did someone fall asleep at the copy desk?  Is this some sort of joke?  And is Mr. Francis Carbonneau/Coleman a real person?  I am completely baffled.  Even Rosalie wouldn't let this happen in the InCityTimes.

Here's the text from the March letter (I underlined the text that is identical):


Disappointed with new Sen. Brown
I am 88 years old, and I was disappointed with Sen. Scott Brown, who just paired up with a man that took our Social Security percentage, and also our $250 check away from retirees. Thanks a lot.

Mr. Brown used to call my house asking if I could vote for him. My son and I waited in the rain in line to vote for him. He rallied in Worcester and he pulled in a big vote in Webster. How quickly he forgets where a place is.

There’s one thing that my son and I should have done, and that was to vote for Attorney General Martha Coakley. But one thing is for sure, this will end my voting career. I don’t like opened doors. I hope that Mr. Brown doesn’t come up with something else that will hurt us senior citizens.
My son and I are independent voters. We voted for Mr. Brown because we thought that he would have some of U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy’s ideas.

FRANCIS E. CARBONNEAU Sr.

Webster

Here's the text from the February letter:

Former Brown Supporter Disappointed

I am 88 years old, and very disappointed.  How come Sen. Scott Brown and President Obama were never mentioned as being 10th cousins?  Mr. Brown, you just paired up with a man who took our Social Security percentage, and also our $250 check away from retirees.   

Mr. Brown used to call my house asking if I would vote for him.  My son and I waited in the rain in line to vote for him.  He rallied in Worcester, and he pulled in a big vote in Webster.  How quickly he forgets where a place is.

There's one thing that my son and I should have done, and that was to vote for Attorney General Martha Coakley.  But one thing is for sure, this will end my voting career.  I don't like open doors.  I hope that Mr. Brown doesn't come up with something else that will hurt us senior citizens.

My son and I are independent voters.  We voted for Mr. Brown because we thought that he would have some of U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's ideas.

FRANCIS COLEMAN Sr.

Webster

No comments: