Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sacrifice

I applaud the fiscal restraint and sacrifice, but wouldn't it be nice if our City Council rescinded the raises they gave themselves a few years back in the name of sacrifice?

And wouldn't it be nice if the taxpayers didn't pay for a city vehicle plus insurance for an employee who makes over $180,000? What other city employees have this perk, and how much would we save if the City Council eliminated this sort of perk?

And does any one else think it is a coincidence that this story appeared in the paper the same day the Council voted on the tax rate?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

My problem with this is that Frank Raffa did NOT come in second. "Blank" came in second. I feel more strongly than ever that we need to make "None of the Above" a valid option on ballots.

Sean Dacey said...

I agree. That's why I never leave it blank and always write in a eligible candidate. If only more people would exercise that right!